The purpose of the railway was to convey passengers to the Park from Ridgeway, where a connection was made with the Grand Trunk trains from Fort Erie and Buffalo.The Ontario Southern Railway operated only three seasons and for some unknown reason the service was discontinued and the railway was dismantled." Perhaps summer-only service was not enough to be profitable. One source cites the possibility that a miniature train and a carousel were there as early as 1888 or 9.
By the 1940s he also came to operate a miniature golf course and other devices in the park.
A train is seen on the trestle, with the station at the right.
Note what appears to be a smoke stack or power pole to your left of the train conductor.
See the "Midway" photo discussion a little farther on.) In 1902 one of the concessionaires was George Hall.
He became famous for his candy suckers, but later would sell other confections like candy kisses, caramel corn, peanuts, and popcorn.